Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY Fake Tan

Hey! So I' m pale, really pale, and I don't like tanning beds or anything. Plus I'm on a budget so... I made fake tan.
What you'll need:






-Bottle of thick lotion
-Dark colored foundation - mine are tan and cocoa. I'm using two because I couldn't find a shade in the middle. If you have a shade that you like, you can use just one too. 


Step one:
Time to play mad scientist: Add a few drops of the lighter of the two to the lotion.


Step two:
Shake

Step three:
Test.

Step four:
Add more foundation if too light, and repeat 1-3.


*Remember, you can always add color, so add carefully.



*now you can decide how light or dark you want this. Continue to add foundation until you've reached your shade. I kept testing on my arm. This washes off every time you shower so you'll need to put it on daily.
Still, pretty cool if you're going out or something. Best part: Since you're using face-based products, you won't look orange :)

Also, I think I'm going to add body shimmer.
Ooh la la
Xoxox g ♥

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I have to make myself into a decently dark person- I am quite white, and I am playing a black person in the musical Hairspray. This is wonderful! I don't have to commit to a possible horrible fake tan, thank the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Please let me know how it turns out for you! :)

      Delete