Sunday, August 26, 2012

Earring Holder


Hello! I love this project. It is cheap, easy, fast and makes a great gift! So let's get started!

What you'll need:

  • Embroidery hoop (6-7 inches is a good size)
  • Lace (I had half a yard and had enough to make about 10 of them)
  • Glue gun

Step One:
          Place the inside hoop under the lace. *Since I have a lot of earrings and they're pretty heavy, I decided to double up the lace, using 2 layers. This is purely your choice. I just wanted it to be reinforced.
Step Two:
          Place the larger hoop over the lace and the hoop underneath. Pull the lace taught and tighten the bracket until it is very tight and secure. Pull lace around edges to make sure it is tight.


Step Three:
          Cut the excess lace off, leaving about 1/4th of an inch of lace around the edge of the hoop.

Step Four:
          Using the hot glue gun, glue down the edge to  the hoop for added stability and security.
Step Five:
          Voila! You're all done! Now put your earrings on it, and find a good place to hang it! It looks cute on a wall in your bedroom.
*I made 2, one for me, one for my mother. I used a 7 inch hoop for mine (pink) and a 6 inch hoop for hers (green). Here's the difference:
xoxo g


No comments:

Post a Comment