Monday, July 23, 2012

Braided back beach wear

Hi! Back again. Tonight I'm going to show you how to make another beach coverup that is along the same lines as this one. But it came out better. Promise.

What you'll need:


  • Big t-shirt (mine is a men's and two sizes bigger than what I usually wear in mens, but mine is white.)
  • Sharp scissors
  • Ruler
 (Yes, I do my projects at work. Shhh don't tell my boss!)

Step One:
           Cut the neck off your shirt. I measured two inches in from the seam at the collar on both sides. Fold shirt in half so the cut comes out even.





 Step Two:
          Take the t-shirt and fold the back in half so that the two seams at the neck are touching.
Step Three:
          Decide how long you want the cuts to be. Using the ruler as a guide, cut the fabric straight across, about as wide as a finger, plus a little. The first cut should be a bit thick.


 Step Four:
          Continue to cut strips about the width of your finger until you reach the bottom. 

Step Five:
          Once you have cut the back, gently pull each strip until the fabric begins to roll.

Step Six:
          Now, you can leave this just the way it is, and wear it like that for a sexy look, or you can weave or braid, as I like to call it, the strands. This girl did a really good tutorial on the 2 basic types of it.

Here's my completed shirt with the basic weave. I did the basic weave twice for this look.





Enjoy! Have fun in the sun :)

xoxo g

No comments:

Post a Comment