Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Personalized Headphones/Earbuds

Bonjour! Tonight I'm going to show you how to personalize your headphones or ear buds. I'm not going to sugar coat this: it's probably the easiest one you can do, but it's very time consuming. This took me about 2 hours. Well, I was watching the Vampire Diaries at the same time so that might contribute to it. This is supposed to keep them from tangling. They will still get tangled, but not as bad.

What you'll need:

  • Pair of headphones or earbuds
  • Embroidery floss
  • Hot glue gun 
Step One:         Untangle your headphones. Pick your floss colors. You can have as many colors as you want. This is about personalizing and making them unique.

Step Two:
          Start your first color right below the thing that separates the cords for the ear buds and the cord that connects to your ipod. To start this color, put about a quarter to a half an inch of floss down the cord and start wrapping the floss right at the base of that plastic divider. I hope that the picture will clear things up.


Step Three:
          Continue wrapping for as long as you want. I made mine about 2-3 inches long for each color. I didn't cut the strings, because I wasn't sure how much would be needed, so I just used the skein and kept wrapping and cut it when I was done with that color. Before you cut, leave about an extra half inch at the end. I'll show you in the next step what you'll do with it.

Step Four:
          For your next color, you're going to take the half inch left from the previous color and lay it flat on the cord. Take the new color and lay the same amount against the cord. Start wrapping the new color at the base of the previous color.



Step Five: 
          Once you have wrapped all your colors, and have reached the bottom, take a hot glue gun and secure the end of the last string.

Step Six:
          To do the cords to the actual earbuds, use the same method. I wrapped all the way to the base of the earbuds and then secured with hot glue. I wrapped the plastic divider piece, too.




It's pretty easy, but time consuming. So sit down, watch your favorite show or movie and have fun! When you're done you'll have adorable and unique headphones that won't tangle as bad. :)

xoxo g

No comments:

Post a Comment